– Liquid truffles white Smet 7141
– Crispy crunchy Veliche Gourmet
– Butterscotch or caramel pieces
– White chocolate Obsession 30% Veliche Gourmet
– Candied orange pieces
Recipe (for 100 truffles)
500 grams Granulated sugar
16,6 centiliters Water
145 grams Orange blossom water
5 grams Orange zest
– Using water, boil the granulated sugar to 122°c.
– Remove the pan with sugar syrup from the heat and add the orange blossom water and the orange zest.
– Gently stir the orange blossom water and the zests into the sugar syrup.
– Pour the mass into two basins.
– Repeat this process continuously until the mass cools down to 30°C.
– Sieve the mixture so that the zest is extracted from the sugar syrup.
– Using a piping bag, squeeze the sugar syrup into the liquid truffles.
– Leave the liquid truffles to stand for 12 hours, in order for a thin crystallisation layer to form.
750 grams White chocolate Obsession 30%
30 grams Candied orange (fine)
50 grams Crispy crunchies
45 grams Butterscotch or caramel pieces
Method of decoration
– Temper the white chocolate and close the liquid truffles with a cap of white chocolate.
– Mix the white chocolate with the ingredients according to the recipe.
– Roll the truffles by hand through the white chocolate mass. Repeat after the first layer has hardened. (Tip: if necessary, add some melted cocoa butter to make the chocolate a little thinner).
– Optionally, you can lightly airbrush the truffles with orange coloured cocoa butter for some extra colour contrast.