– Transfer sheet Smet 15024
– Christmas trees Smet 7613
– Dark chocolate Temptation 64% Veliche Gourmet
Recipe (for 100 truffles)
375 grams Granulated sugar
125 grams Cane sugar
16,6 centiliters Water (1)
13,5 centiliters Water (2)
15 grams Mint leaves (finely chopped)
5 grams Lime rind
– Boil the granulated sugar and cane sugar with water (1) to 123°c.
– Mix water (2) with the mint leaves and lime rind.
– Remove the pan with sugar syrup from the heat and add the rose water.
(Tip: if desired, it is also possible to add mint aroma. This gives a stronger mint flavour. An extra 2 grams of mint aroma may be added to the recipe).
– Stir the mint water (with leaves) gently into the sugar syrup.
– Sieve the mixture to remove the mint leaves and lime zest from the sugar syrup.
– Pour the mass into two basins.
– Repeat this process continuously until the mass cools down to 30°C.
– Using a piping bag, squeeze the sugar syrup into the liquid truffles.
– Leave the liquid truffles to stand for 12 hours, in order for a thin crystallisation layer to form.
Method of decoration
– Cut the Lancer Dark pencil into 4 equal pieces (4cm).
– Fix the Lancer Dark pencil (diagonally) in the liquid truffles with a capful of dark chocolate.
– After the chocolate has hardened, you can put the truffle through a bath of dark chocolate Temptation 64%.
– Place the truffle directly on the transfer sheet after piercing.
– (Optional) Before hardening, place two Christmas trees against the pencil stick. This gives you the effect of two small mint leaves.
– Allow the truffle to harden on the transfer sheet.